DENTAL IMPLANT is a boon for the replacement of missing teeth.
Because it overcomes many disadvantages of other traditional methods of replacement of missing teeth
i.e., with removable dentures or with a fixed bridges.
WHAT IS DENTAL IMPLANT?
A DENTAL IMPLANT is a metal post (titanium) which is placed surgically into the jawbone beneath the gums and allows the dentist to place new teeth or a bridge into that area. In contrast to dentures, the implant doesn’t come out. Also, Dental implants also benefit general bone and teeth health because they do not take the support of other teeth.
IMPLANTATION – is defined as putting an object or a material, which is alloplastic in nature either partially or completely into the body for therapeutic, experimental, diagnostic and /or prosthetic purpose.
WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENT TYPES OF DENTAL IMPLANT?
ROOT FORM IMPLANT- These are the most famous type of implant. They are designed to mimic the shape of the root of tooth.
They are also designed for directional load distribution.
METALLIC IMPLANT- These are most used implant and are made up of titanium.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OR ADVANTAGE OF DENTAL IMPLANT?
•First of all, High success rates (above 97% for 10 years)
• Reduces caries risk of adjacent teeth
• Decreases endodontic problems on adjacent teeth
• Also, Improves the ability to clean the in-between space of the adjacent teeth
• Improves the appearance of adjacent teeth
• Improves the maintenance of bone in the edentulous area
• Also Decreases cold & hot or contact sensitivity of adjacent teeth
• Psychological advantage
• And Decreases original(abutment) tooth loss