WHY TO REPLACE MISSING TEETH?
• Decreased facial height
• Loss of labiomental (lower lip and chin) angle.
• Wrinkles- Deepening of vertical lines in lip and face
• Chin comes forward—gives a prognathic appearance
• Sagging of lips- gives person sad look.
• Loss of tone in muscles of facial expression
• Thinning of vermillion border(corner of lips) of the lips from loss of
• Deepening of nasolabial groove(between nose and upper lip)
• Increase in columella-philtrum angle(sagging of upper lip)
• upper teeth gets decreased visibility-ageing sign
• Ptosis of buccinator muscle attachment—leads to jowls
at side of face
• Ptosis of mentalis muscle attachment—leads to “witch’s